Today’s the day!
‘Goodbye, Pert Breasts: The Diary of a Newborn Dad’ is now officially released!
I would smash a bottle of champagne against the side of my laptop like they do when launching ships, but it’d just get incredibly messy and totally not worth it.
The book is now available to purchase via Lulu, and will be available through Amazon in a few weeks when they have updated their databases. A massive thank you to everyone who has supported me in this venture, and for all your nice comments and encouraging messages!
- The Diary: Obviously. Longer chapters than those posted online!
- The Week After the Night Before: My experiences as a new father, including how using cabbage to cure my wife’s mastitis led to very embarrassing consequences…
- Fatherhood and…: A number of chapters on how being a father affects your social life, your career, your relationship, and more.
- Decisions: Helpful advice on making those all-important baby-related decisions, such as whether to give birth at home or in hospital, and the whole breast/bottle feeding thing.
- How To…: Quick-fire chapters designed to make sure you’re ready for the big day and beyond. And yes, there’s the placenta milkshake recipe!
- A Letter to my Foetus: I know he can’t read yet, but I wrote one anyway.
- Why Nursery Rhymes are Evil: The reasons why I think most ‘sweet’ nursery rhymes are actually more brutal than a Quentin Tarantino movie…
- 40 Titbits of Advice: Witty one-liners of recommendations and observations that, in my wisdom, I’ve amassed throughout the whole nine months.
- Ancient Chinese Gender Chart: Don’t fork out loads of cash on a sexing scan – use this ancient chart instead to find out if you’re having a boy or a girl!
- Glossary: A quick reference guide that makes sense of all those confusing pregnancy terms, so you can sound knowledgeable.
- The End: You wish – this is just the beginning…
Also keep an eye out for the awesome two-page cartoon spread that I had commissioned especially for the book!
From start to finish, this book is written in the same style that you have (hopefully) grown to love on this blog, including the various bizarre images with gormless captions that I love to throw in every now and then.
If you like my blog, please dig out a few coins to buy the book!
You’re the man. (Or woman.) Thanks again for all your support!